#1 MrToad

MrToad

SPACESHIIIIIIIP!!!!!

• Members
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:29 AM

Just found this on Kotaku:

http://www.kotaku.co...-the-space-pope

I had no idea EVE had a Space Pope, but bizarrely it doesn't surprise me as much as it should. It just serves to highlight the incredible player lead environment CCP has created.

Although given that he claims to be responsible for inspiring the death of the Holy Empress Jamyl perhaps even mentioning his name here is heresy in the extreme... ;)

But anyone who comes out with quotes like:

'Go forth and spread thy love. And, by love, I mean lasers.'

... can't be all bad, right?

#2 Triss Khopesh

Triss Khopesh
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Max Singularity is a self-professed "space-pope". Even disregarding his certainly untrue claims in regards to Jamyl's death his claim to be an heir (and thus having claim to the throne) is truly preposterous, to say the least and it should also be noted that there is no title of "pope" in the Amarr Empire.

Singularity is a heretic, filled with self importance after gaining popularity with capsuleer crowd at large. Perhaps the first group to acknowledge him was the CFC, who have a truly distasteful history. This should be quite telling, I feel.

#3 Garland Adolis

Garland Adolis

Harry Dresden Levels of Tech Savvy

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:57 PM

Why am I not surprised it's Kotaku talking to a Goon puppet? Does the Mittani have his hand up their ass too?

#4 Aldrith Shutaq

Aldrith Shutaq

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

Max Singularity is a cool dude. He's a JPL scientist and was just kinda thrust into the limelight of EVE fame when The Mittani called him Space Pope based on his Amarr cosplay. He's not that into the lore aspect of EVE so he just kinda went along with it without knowing the real stance of the Empire on that sort of thing.

I'm hoping to meet him soon! He lives in LA and might show up to an LA EVE meet in May.

#5 True Adamance

True Adamance

Praetorian Templares // Lieutenant

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

Having met the guy in person.... wow is he charismatic. He also RP's a great Fedo.