Gavaya MM Hunter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gavaya

Gavaya
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Character: Gavaya (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Gavaya/) should be the armory link

Main spec: MM / BM offspec

About me:

Never good at these things so if I miss something you want to know don't hesitate to ask.

I'm 30 and I live with my wife and 2 kids in the UK, I enjoy online gaming, mainly FPS(battlefield) and MMO, I am open to a lot of different games though and I'm always willing to try something new. I've been playing WoW on and off since Vanilla after a RL friend got me in to it (I think he used to be in Praetoria Imperialis at one point, name was Wrekaar), I've been quite absent from raiding the past few expansions as I wasn't super active through them, I've decided to get back in to raiding now however as I miss the atmosphere during boss progression and the nerd screams that follow when the dedication pays off.

Raid experience:

Vanilla
Molten Core - clear
Onyxia - dead
Blackwing Lair - clear
Zul'Gurub - clear
Nightmare Dragons - all dead
AQ20 - clear
AQ40 - everything except C'thun
Naxx - N/A

TBC - Inevitable @ Doomhammer EU
Karazhan - clear
Magtheridon - dead
Doomwalker - dead
Kazzak - dead
Gruul - clear
Serpent Shrine - clear
Tempest Keep - clear
Hyjal - clear
Black Temple - clear
Zul'Aman - N/A
Sunwell - N/A

WOTLK - Elysium(Earthen Ring), Perfectly Sane(Auchindoun) & The Zoo(Draenor)
Naxx 10/25 - Undying
Sarth 3 Drakes 10/25
Malygos 10/25
Ulduar 10/25 - GOTUR 10, not 25 sadly
Trial of the Crusader 10/25 + Tribute to mad skill 10+25
Icecrown Citadel 10/25 everything done except LK 25 HC at current time, got 10 HC down though
Halion 10/25 normal, don't think we even tried to do Heroic before Cata

Cataclysm
Nothing worth noting, wasn't actively raiding, few firelands bosses & bastion bosses with friends during their alt raids, about it really.

Pandaria
Same as Cataclysm more or less, did normal SoO with an OpenRaid group + a few flexible runs with the guild I'm in currently.

Previous Guilds and why I left:

Inevitable

I was inactive for a few months due to medical reasons and I was removed from the guild due to inactivity, by the time I started playing again their roster was full.

Elysium

Joined Elysium at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, was with them through Naxx, Malygos and Sartharion (not 3 drakes), I decided I wanted to give a more hardcore atmosphere a go and ultimately left Elysium on good terms to join Perfectly Sane on Auchindoun (my wife is still with Elysium today, as a social though)

Perfectly Sane

Joined while they were doing Sartharion 3D, this is where I picked up that kill, went on to progress through Ulduar with them until the guild was almost torn apart by extreme drama, so extreme that myself, the other tank(I was a prot paladin at the time) and the raid leader(he went to Apex on Al'akir) all left the guild because we'd had enough of the 30-40 minute name calling sessions during raiding hours. Perfectly Sane then went on to get rid of the people causing drama and merged with Incorporated to form Envy who are ranked #4 in the world today.

The Zoo (they were on Draenor, they moved to Magtheridon now though I believe)

I was with The Zoo for the remainder of Wrath of the Lich King, really nice guild filled with mature players, when Cataclysm pre-patch went live and Paladins were changed I didn't get any enjoyment of playing it anymore, I thought i'd give it a chance when Cataclysm goes live to see how things go, once Cataclysm went live we got to 85 quite quickly and did 1-2 raids and just felt that Paladin wasn't for me anymore, I stopped playing for awhile at this point because I didn't want to pick up another class after i'd invested a lot of time into my Paladin.

Destiny of Chaos

Currently in Destiny of Chaos, really nice guys and girls, they have no plans to do Heroic+ content however so I made the decision to start looking for a new guild as I really wanted to get back into full time raiding again.

Why Praetoria Imperialis?

When I decided it was the right time to start looking for a guild I asked my friend if he knew any guilds on the server that were recruiting, he said try looking up Praetoria Imperialis - I did, liked what I read and here I am :)

Do I have Vent/TS3/Mumble?

Not installed but I can install them in a few seconds, formatted recently and haven't had cause to reinstall them yet.

Do I have a working headset and am I scared to use it?

Yes I have on and no I'm not scared of speaking.

Stable Internet Connection?

Very stable and fast.

Computer Specs

4690k I5 CPU

GTX 780 gfx card

8GIG DDR3 1866 mhz ram

Addons used:

Skada

DBM (can use bigwigs if needed, some guilds seem to prefer BW)

Omen Threat

I do have other addons, just for my UI etc mainly, my UI is nice and clean/no obstructions during boss encounters.

UI:

I tend to use the default UI for the most part, it's gotten better over the years, I used to use ElvUI a lot but I quite like the default one now, does everything ElvUI does.. just doesn't look swanky :P

http://i.imgur.com/DwKF7Tf.jpg

Class/Talents/Glyphs/Binds:

Glyphs I'd normally use are

Animal Bond

Deterrence

Third glyph I'd change depending on what fight it is, if its a high movement fight I'd likely use Glyph of Disengage or if its a fight where Tranq needs to be used a lot i'd likely use Glyph of Tranq, other Glyphs have their uses but not as much as these 2 I find.

Talents:

15: Crouching Tiger normally, Posthaste if its a high movement fight, Narrow Escape if adds need controlling better for whatever the reason.

30: Binding Shot normally, Wyvern Sting if something needs CC for longer periods of time, Intimidation to stun/interrupt where needed.

45: Ironhawk for raiding, Exhilaration if burst healing is needed, Spirit Bond normally I reserve for soloing (which is why I have it on at present), sometimes it can be useful in raids, not very often though compared to the other 2.

60: Thrill of the Hunt, may use Steady Focus later when I have higher haste/find it easier to keep up.

75: Murder of Crows the majority of the time, when high burst is absolutely required however may use Stampede, using Lone Wolf currently so Blind Strikes is more or less worthless to me.

90: Glaive Toss unless its a boss fight that involves lots of aoe/cleave in which case I'd use Barrage.

100: Lone Wolf unless its a boss fight that has literally no movement in which case I may use Focussing Shot - may also use it with higher haste levels later, doubtful I'd ever use Munitions unless they buff them, the damage is so low.. the frost shots might be somewhat useful in PvP though I guess.

Keybinds:

Literally everything I have is keybound to fit under my left hand, so everything is nice and responsive.

Anything more to add?

Yes, I'm generally quite bad when it comes to winging an application so I've probably overlooked some really important things here (sorry!) if I have overlooked anything at all you want to know, don't hesitate to ask.

#2 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

My only reservation here is that you haven't done any real raiding for a very long time. I don't have any problem with giving you a shot, but it might take you a while to adjust once the raiding takes off.

Contact Korruk or Mazuth in game once you've left your previous guild.

#3 Gavaya

Gavaya
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for the opportunity :) will do my best not to disappoint.