Photo

Doriams Dead - What Next - POLL

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you want to see happen now that Doriam is dead? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you want to see happen now that Doriam is dead?

1. Reclaiming!!!! Thy will be done!!!! (31 votes [44.93%])

Percentage of vote: 44.93%

2. Make peace with the Minmatar. (2 votes [2.90%])

Percentage of vote: 2.90%

3. Find out it was a Gallante killer and go to war. (7 votes [10.14%])

Percentage of vote: 10.14%

4. Find out it was a Blood Raider killer. (6 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

5. Find it was a Sarum killer... CIVIL WAR!!!! (15 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

6. Other (describe in a reply). (8 votes [11.59%])

Percentage of vote: 11.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Gaius Kador

Gaius Kador

Zealot

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

Have to agree with our local antagonist there, hehe wink.gif

Either way this plays out, PIE wont stray from its duty.

Interesting times!

#122 Lallara Zhuul

Lallara Zhuul

Working silencing the ego

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

Amarrians didn't have the jump drive technology back then.

We had barely conquered the Ealur at that time. Since then the Empire has expanded dramatically. We conquered the Ni-Kunni and absorbed them into the society.
Conquered the Minnies and expanded until we came in contact with the Gallente.

Council of Apostles would be a step back, not forward in the spiritual evolution of the Empire. It would be a disaster.

#123 [–iscorporation]

[–iscorporation]
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

'barely' ?

tongue.gif

We controlled plenty systems. Council of Aposteles are 100% compatible with current bureaucracy, since the only function they need to replace is the privy council/emperor function. the emperor is no longer a divine being (the moral reforms saw to that) but a ruler, so the apostles could perform the same fuction

is it likely? hell no. possible, yes, but about as likely as the minmatar goijng HEY THIS SLAVE BIZZ AINT TO BAD NOW.

#124 Kular

Kular
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:51 PM

I voted for more Reclaiming because thats what I'm all about.

Personally I've always wanted all the Amarrian factions to unite once again and relaunch a full force Reclaiming!

I'll follow Jamyl if she returns though, because I believe shes the only Amarrian that could do that.

Bring Khanid back into the Empire,
Crush the factions within the empire that are currently dividing it.
Lead a united Amrrian people against The Republic, and perhaps even the Federation and win!

I'm interested in seeing what some CVA will do though if say...
Artico claims the throne.... but the Sarum Admiral goes to war with him for it...

I know most hardliners won't follow Jamyl if she returns, but what about a legit Sarum leader against the Emperor's son..... what then?

In the end I hope CCP turn everything upside down and really get this little drama rolling!

#125 Windle Poons

Windle Poons
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:11 PM

I'm not sure if its going to be a problem for the forseeable future. I'm losing my patience with CCP. They can't even keep a server running for 48 hours at the moment so storyline is a non issue for me if I can't actually play sad.gif

#126 Gaven Lok'ri

Gaven Lok'ri

Lord Admiral

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Windle Poons @ Jul 26 2005, 06:11 PM)
I'm not sure if its going to be a problem for the forseeable future. I'm losing my patience with CCP. They can't even keep a server running for 48 hours at the moment so storyline is a non issue for me if I can't actually play sad.gif

Well to be fair... they are running a larger single server than any other MMO....

And they keep it up better than most.

Im not surprised they are haveing problems again with the way the game pop peaked again.

#127 theRaptor

theRaptor
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Gaven Lok'ri @ Jul 27 2005, 02:48 PM)
Well to be fair... they are running a larger single server than any other MMO....
And they keep it up better than most.

Im not surprised they are haveing problems again with the way the game pop peaked again.

Bah that is bull shit. The regions may as well be different shards that share a common chat interface. The only thing that are cross regions are chat, map info, escrow and assets. The nice thing about the "single shard" is that there is only one of Yulai, Amarr etc. We all share the same version of events. But server wise it is very close to the standard MMO setup, with the exception that people can freely cross over between areas.

So "single shard" is nice for interacting with people, but really isn't that different from traditional MMO setups. Oh except they can't patch and take down regions independantly (which is hell if you are on a low priority shard in other MMO's).

CCP's real problem is that they have very few hard core games programmers. When a few dozen non-animated models cause lag something is drastically wrong. In planet side hundred man battles caused very minimal lag until you went inside strangely enough.

Hell I would be willing to pay extra so that CCP could get in some experts to go through and redesign the code to sort out the bottlenecks.

#128 Gaven Lok'ri

Gaven Lok'ri

Lord Admiral

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:32 PM

Khanids?!?!

#129 Lallara Zhuul

Lallara Zhuul

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

Time to kick some Dark Amarr butt tongue.gif

Lock and load gentlemen, ladies. We're heading in.

The enemy will be our brothers in Faith but they have done the unthinkable, they have murdered the Emperor, the Ruler of the Empire, Mouthpiece of God. That is a sin paramount to the crime done by the Starkmanir Tribe.

They must pay in blood.

#130 Garreck

Garreck
  • Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:39 PM

Damn you Ardor...we're comin' for ya!

#131 kardinaal

kardinaal
  • Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

I don't like it one bit, this Concord screw-up. mad.gif We'll never be able to proof it now. They'll clean their pigstall so thouroughly the pigs arses will look like diamonds.

I wonder if we'll hear a statement from the Khanid, or if we are gonna need to go get it. smile.gif

#132 Gaven Lok'ri

Gaven Lok'ri

Lord Admiral

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:48 PM

Of course.

It could just be CONCORD lieing to cover their ass.

#133 Bruiser

Bruiser
  • Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:13 AM

Ah.. too late to post my theory , but damn me if I'll spare you for it.

The lost heiress had a fiercely loyal servant whose world would just about end on the day she were to commit suicide. There was no escape though and the heavy day would appear. then inspiration ( plot point ) struck.

He made his move BEFORE the ceremony, capturing the heiress against her will and replacing her. As it would worsen his crime to have the double actually participating in the ceremony or name a heir , she died prematurely.
Wrecked with guilt he would whisk her away, satisfied that she was safe and him having committed as few heresies as possible.

Then recently the Heiress escaped her protectors and seek to end herself in the proper fashion. She would have done it earlier but she was with child , something she discovered a short while after her abduction.
he time has come .. but the Emperor is killed.
How it pains the loyal heiress to see such horrors inflicted on her beloved empire.
If only things had been different she could have done something.
SHE could ahve changed things.
God speaks to her and she knows now what has happened.
It was Gods will that her child would be the Emperor, and so she could not die at the ceremony. She must however make sure her child has an empire to govern when he comes of age and so she must accept the mantle herself and govern in her childs name for the years to come.
Armed with Gods favor she starts the process to have the next Emperor be a Sarum .. her son

( This way she can come back and lead and claim to be innocent of the breach in tradition. The Navy Officer was of course only doing Gods will and cannot be punished. She wins , lives and governs the Empire. She claims to have heard Gods command and that supercede tradition. )

Wouldn't you just eat up this story ?

Sure God can change the Unverse with a thought , but he can make his will happen through the act of one man.
So great is God that he needs not appear with fire and brimstone and demand his will be done. They just happen that way.

( and yes.. she is still a cowardly runaway that has spent a year+ to figure out a suitable cover story and having the Emperor die on her was the break she needed.
But hey.. it is fantastic enough to be passed off as the will of a god )

#134 Lallara Zhuul

Lallara Zhuul

• Members
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:29 AM

She would stll not be accepted by the other Houses no matter how romantic Harlequin story you put together. Everything she would say as her excuse would be considered lies, everything she does would be considered treason.

She would never get to be even near the throne if not bound and gagged and ready for execution.

Amarrians are not romantics and do not forgive someone breaking tradition for any reason. The Navy Officer claiming it was the Hand of God guiding him would just get him fried by the Inquisitors instead of the Ministry of Internal Order.

Jarnyl ate barbed wire and shat napalm. She would not shirk her duties just because she was pregnant. She never was very pious individual so God speaking to Her? Laughable.

If I'd read them romantic novels and be a bleeding heart then this would be even remotely possible. Too bad that I'm a realist and the world is what it is. Never would happen.

Nice piece of fiction after all.

#135 Randuin Maral

Randuin Maral
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:48 AM

My vote has no value here, but since I could, I voted for "civil war".
I am pretty sure that this sarum whore is still stirring pods, she's never been one of my favorite.

#136 Golan Trevize

Golan Trevize
  • Members
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

Reclaiming ........ cant really come as a suprice for anyone smile.gif