• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

The board has ceased to create login cookies. This will cause problems logging in/out.

Nothing was changed to prompt this error. Not sure how long it will take to be fixed.

#2 Ascentior

Ascentior

Admiral, Honorary Fabricator-General

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Appears to be fixed. I was unable to login yesterday. But am now logged in
Scratch that. It seems I can only be logged in on this PC. Must be that I had a cookie left from a previous log in

Edited by Ascentior, 22 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#3 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Deleting any cookies should let you log in but you will not stay logged in between browsing sessions.
No forum settings have been altered to bring about this change. It's a bug that's been introduced on the server end.

Additionally, clicking images to view their full resolution will also fail.

#4 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Sorry guys, not sure what's causing this. Kab thought our files may have been moved on the server, but that's not the case. Potentially something update on the host (PHP etc) may have caused it, I'll reach out to Chris.

Meanwhile, apologies, but I just don't get on the computer to be able to move us to another host and upgrade the software to the latest release. Ironically, this is a bit pointless now, as version 4.0 is looming. We should wait until then, as any 3.0 skins we make will immediately break.

I do need some help, though. Anyone experienced with moving a mysql database from one host to another? It ought to be relatively straight forward (I can ask the current admin to do a direct dump and provide us the file, rather than exporting from, say, phpmyadmin), it's just finding the time. 3 kids keeps me as busy as leading PIE used to, heh!

#5 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

Alright, didn't realize quite how bad it has become, so here's the plan

1. Upgrade the board to 3.4.5 on the current host
2. Ignore the skin issue. Everyone will have to suck up the default, crap skin for a bit.
3. Once we've established that this works, install 3.4.5 on my new host and port over ONLY the tables pertaining to 3.4.5 (for reference, this dataset has been around since version 1.3 and undoubtedly has a LOT of legacy shit)
4. Point domain at new host
5. Make rudimentary updates to skin
6. Once 4.0 is out (next month or so, there's a lot of developer diaries out there which means it's kinda imminent), upgrade to 4.0
7. Finally consider a proper end to end skin rewrite (realistically, this must be a single skin solution - maintaining 2 skins every time Invision update the software is too time consuming)

The initial upgrade (1) will be lengthy, because we'll be installing a major release and 4 point releases. Forum likely offline for a day, once it's going.

Any concerns about any of the other points, please let me know. I want to maintain data integrity because we've got 10 years of posts built up here, and it would be a shame to lose it.

#6 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Step 1 is happening today. If you login and find the board in Offline Mode, or is slow to respond or something, it's because of the upgrade.

#7 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Still doing a backup of the base files. Wowzers, we've got a lot of old junk in here.

#8 Zelarrs Elkoth

Zelarrs Elkoth

Captain, Head of Diplomacy

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Takumi @ Oct 2 2013, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still doing a backup of the base files. Wowzers, we've got a lot of old junk in here.

Backups are good.

Thank you for doing this upgrade. I know it's a pain. Much appreciated.

#9 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Aye, for sure. Finally finished. Just gotta attend a phone conference and I'll take the board offline to start uploading the new version and running the upgrade script.

#10 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

The Trojan has infected a couple of files again (old eve kill boards, etc). Going to nuke tonight, let me know ASAP if there are any other issues in the meantime.