Bug reports

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

I've already noticed that the quick edit function seems to be on the blink. Can you all report any quirks, errors or things which just don't seem right to me here please, I'll have a crack at sorting them out.

Thanks smile.gif

edit - Come to think about it, the custom usergroup editor (that I know Archie et al like to use) will no longer be accessible or, I believe, useable. We'll have to think of a work around for that.

#2 Mos Panor

Mos Panor

...and with a scissorkick, is victorious!

• Members
  • 1762 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:31 AM

I'll be reworking all the custom pages I developed before... so they'll return in some guise.

#3 Horatius Caul

Horatius Caul
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

The PIE EVE skin is lacking a "quote" button.

#4 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:42 PM

Good spot. That button is just for selecting multiple posts to quote, though. If you want to quote a single post, click the "Reply button on the post in question.

#5 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

Clicking on an image to 'view it at full size' opens in a new window, full screen, with no controls.

Need to alt tab to get rid of it. Firefox 3.0.3, No plugins, Linux.

#6 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

I recall something like this on Ubuntu 7.04, which I'm fairly sure came with Firfox 2.x, I'm guessing it's either Linux or IPB related. Know any forums running phpBB or VB? Could try viewing picture attachments there, might point us in the right direction.

Aside from the quick edit quirk, which I'm still not sure about (and about to go turn off to save people some grief meanwhile), I'm amazed this process has been so bug free.

edit - scratch that, quick edit works fine in this thread. Interesting.

#7 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:00 AM

I'll look into the image thing at some point. Don't bother fixing it if it applies only to FF3/Linux.

Had a quick read of the source but it's clusterfuck of scripts.

It's something to do with how Firefox/Javascript is calling some Fullscreen Maximize attribute/or function.
The window manager returns the full screen space, Firefox then plops the window at that size, and at a strata that's higher than every other application, including desktop panels.

It's a bug in either Firefox or the Compiz WM.
Screenshot_CompizConfig_Settings_Manager.png
Playing with that top option changes the behaviour.

#8 Garland Adolis

Garland Adolis

Harry Dresden Levels of Tech Savvy

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:06 AM

My cookies for the site are not saving properly, requiring me to log in each time I come to the forums. This could just be Firefox acting up, though...

#9 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

Works OK here on:
Windows XP IE7, Firefox3, Opera
Linux 2.26 - Firefox 3

Possibly a setting in Firefox or your IP is changing between sessions (and the board is configured to not allow it).

#10 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

There's a new security setting (to make logins more secure) on recent versions of IPB (from 2.2 onwards, so it's been in for a while) that will, unfortunately, cause you to be logged out frequently if the lease time on your IP address is short. I believe AOL are well known for this, not sure about other ISPs.

Might be worth using the link down the bottom to bin the cookie set by this board, then try logging in again, or give IE a quick whirl. If IE is doing it too, it could well be the IP thing.

Unfortunate, but not a great deal we can do, sorry.

#11 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

Anyone had any luck adding a personal photo?

#12 Garland Adolis

Garland Adolis

Harry Dresden Levels of Tech Savvy

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

My ISP does indeed switch IPs almost every time I log in. I'll see if I can't fix things on my end.

#13 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Kabuto @ Oct 30 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone had any luck adding a personal photo?

The upload failed. Please contact a board administrator.

I'd better contact the admin.

#14 Mos Panor

Mos Panor

...and with a scissorkick, is victorious!

• Members
  • 1762 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:31 AM

The EVE portal is all fixed up! smile.gif

#15 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:35 PM

Awesome work man, that was quick smile.gif

I honestly can't see what's wrong with photo uploads in the profile. The directory is writeable (else we couldn't upload avs and attachments) and all the various settings are in place to allow you to post em.

#16 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

It accepts the upload.
Uploads the file.
Then fails.

So it's something that occurs after the file transfer is done.

#17 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Well, it's not the image scaling libraries, as I've uploaded a variety of sizes, including something below 150x150px. Tried jpg and png, too. Not sure what the score is, perhaps there's something in the system logs. I'll ask Chris.