Current Login Issues
Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:43 PM
Nothing was changed to prompt this error. Not sure how long it will take to be fixed.
Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 PM
Scratch that. It seems I can only be logged in on this PC. Must be that I had a cookie left from a previous log in
Edited by Ascentior, 22 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.
Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:31 PM
No forum settings have been altered to bring about this change. It's a bug that's been introduced on the server end.
Additionally, clicking images to view their full resolution will also fail.
Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:44 PM
Meanwhile, apologies, but I just don't get on the computer to be able to move us to another host and upgrade the software to the latest release. Ironically, this is a bit pointless now, as version 4.0 is looming. We should wait until then, as any 3.0 skins we make will immediately break.
I do need some help, though. Anyone experienced with moving a mysql database from one host to another? It ought to be relatively straight forward (I can ask the current admin to do a direct dump and provide us the file, rather than exporting from, say, phpmyadmin), it's just finding the time. 3 kids keeps me as busy as leading PIE used to, heh!
Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:57 PM
1. Upgrade the board to 3.4.5 on the current host
2. Ignore the skin issue. Everyone will have to suck up the default, crap skin for a bit.
3. Once we've established that this works, install 3.4.5 on my new host and port over ONLY the tables pertaining to 3.4.5 (for reference, this dataset has been around since version 1.3 and undoubtedly has a LOT of legacy shit)
4. Point domain at new host
5. Make rudimentary updates to skin
6. Once 4.0 is out (next month or so, there's a lot of developer diaries out there which means it's kinda imminent), upgrade to 4.0
7. Finally consider a proper end to end skin rewrite (realistically, this must be a single skin solution - maintaining 2 skins every time Invision update the software is too time consuming)
The initial upgrade (1) will be lengthy, because we'll be installing a major release and 4 point releases. Forum likely offline for a day, once it's going.
Any concerns about any of the other points, please let me know. I want to maintain data integrity because we've got 10 years of posts built up here, and it would be a shame to lose it.
Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:52 PM
Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:42 PM
Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:04 PM
Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:50 PM