Forum upgrade - please report issues

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

The forum has been upgraded to the latest (3.4.5) version of ip.board. Only took 8 hours! I encountered a lot of errors during the upgrade, so it's likely things are quite broken.

Known issues:

-I think PMs will blow up if you try to access them, I need to run a shell script which keeps failing.

-Avatars look wonky - just re-upload

-The default skin is crap. Yup, it really is. Stay tuned.

-I've noticed it's quite a bit slower - I'm guessing the db could really do with a clean up

-For admins: Our license doesn't grant us use of the Spam Service, which catches most of the spammers who try to sign up, so I've added a question and answer to the registration. Hopefully it'll stop the chancers. If we're really keen, we should pony up for the spam service.

-For admins: I can't seem to delete the 243 spammers we have sat awaiting account validation. Hopefully, we can still validate accounts, but I'll have to file a ticket for getting shot of this queue.

New features you may not be aware of:

-Access the board from a mobile device and you'll get the mobile skin, optimized for smaller tablets and phones.

-Loads of other stuff. You can "like" posts and what not

Next steps:
I've paid for a 6 month support license with Invision to help us iron out the kinks. Once we're sure we've sorted all the errors, we'll begin migration to my new host and remove ALL of the legacy stuff (of which there is a great deal) floating around in the forum folder and indeed the database.

I think I might add Taptalk support too, folk who have Android devices might be familiar with that way of accessing forums.

Please report any issues here, preferably with a screenshot. 

#2 Laerise

Laerise

Senior Captain, Quartermaster General

• Members
  • 3638 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

How does one get the old EVE-PIE look running again? :(

#3 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

One does not, it's gone. This is the problem with upgrading, you need to reconstruct skins from scratch. Doing that with two skins (light and dark) is a lot of work, so we'll need to compromise on some sort of medium-toned skin going forward. It's a few hours work, which I'll try and chip away at. For now, we're stuck with this. 

#4 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

-Trying to change your photo blows up with an error but still goes through.

{"pp_main_photo":"profile\/photo-1054.jpg","pp_main_width":200,"pp_main_height":200,"pp_thumb_photo":"profile\/photo-thumb-1054.jpg","pp_thumb_width":100,"pp_thumb_height":100,"pp_photo_type":"custom","pp_gravatar":null,"pp_profile_update":1380748875,"fb_photo":"","fb_photo_thumb":"","fb_bwoptions":0,"tc_photo":"","tc_bwoptions":0,"oldThumb":"http:\/\/www.pieinc.co.uk\/community\/board\/uploads\/profile\/photo-thumb-1054.jpg?_r=1380748871"}

-Profiles have 3 entries for Contact Methods at the bottom.
-Quick Reply doesn't work.
-Clicking the Edit About Me Page button does nothing.

Clearing cache and cookies fixes all of these.

#5 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

Quick reply test.

#6 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Profiles have 3 entries for Contact Methods at the bottom.

Fixed.

Quick reply worked on this thread, where did it not work?

#7 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

This thread. The box at the bottom was also control-less. Fixed with a cache/cookie clear.

You can also log in now due to the session being stored in the db and not in a write restricted folder.

Pictures also enlarge correctly now.

#8 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

-quotes in old posts aren't formatted correctly (there's no box around them, etc). 

I thought a post rebuild (which I've done was supposed to fix that. 

#9 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

This is why the validating queue cannot be cleared.

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM general_board_profile_portal_views WHERE views_member_id IN (80528)

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

#10 Shaikar

Shaikar

Chapter Master

• Admin
  • 7149 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

There's a like button on posts - clicking it errors. Not sure if the quota is just defaulting to zero or it's busted.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#11 Mitara Newelle

Mitara Newelle

Admiral and former CEO

• Admin
  • 2904 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

empty

I received an email with your:

empty

Where does this go?

Then I got another message "Stop being a twat"

Both of these seem in relation to the Report center.

#12 Shaikar

Shaikar

Chapter Master

• Admin
  • 7149 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I received an email with your:

Then I got another message "Stop being a twat"

Both of these seem in relation to the Report center.

That'd be me messing with the report functionality. :)

#13 Shaikar

Shaikar

Chapter Master

• Admin
  • 7149 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Quotes within quotes don't appear if you click "quote". Only the bottom level of the potential pyramid gets quoted.

#14 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

This is why the validating queue cannot be cleared.

An error occured with the SQL server:[/size]
mySQL query error: DELETE FROM general_board_profile_portal_views WHERE views_member_id IN (80528)
This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Hmm, that table had an error during the upgrade.

#15 Ascentior

Ascentior

Admiral, Honorary Fabricator-General

• Members
  • 2445 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

I like your informative reporting.

Quotes within quotes don't appear if you click "quote". Only the bottom level of the potential pyramid gets quoted.

But you can queue up quotes to quote all the quotes, just not the quote within the quote

#16 Arline Kley

Arline Kley

Commander

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Testing to make sure I can still post.

Oh gods the white burns. oh wait, i can't see it anyway.. yay sinus infections!

I am helping!!!

#17 Shaikar

Shaikar

Chapter Master

• Admin
  • 7149 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

PM's don't explode, I've sent and recieved a couple ok now. I like the "conversation" functionality.

However there are two issue:

1) I don't have any of my past PM's. (I can live with this.)

2) I *do* have a random PM from 2004 that I wasn't involved in! Ascentior has it as well, possibly everyone does - Takumi I've cc'd you in on it.

#18 Kabuto

Kabuto

Praise the bun!

• Admin
  • 3392 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

pie.general_board_profile_portal_views  (general_board_profile_portal_views)

general_board_profile_portal_views
Missing index: views_member_id
Click here to fix this table's indexes, or you can run the following queries manually:
ALTER TABLE general_board_profile_portal_views ADD INDEX views_member_id (views_member_id)

That db table just doesn't exist which is an issue. 

An error occured with the SQL server:
mySQL query error: ALTER TABLE general_board_profile_portal_views ADD INDEX views_member_id (views_member_id)

I fixed a couple of other minor issues but not sure how to fix this one yet. I haven't messed about with this shit since I stopped using Linux many years ago.

#19 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I need to create the table. Luckily, they include the she's for all their tables in the support docs. I'll sort that lunch time.

#20 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

PM's don't explode, I've sent and recieved a couple ok now. I like the "conversation" functionality.
However there are two issue:
1) I don't have any of my past PM's. (I can live with this.)
2) I *do* have a random PM from 2004 that I wasn't involved in! Ascentior has it as well, possibly everyone does - Takumi I've cc'd you in on it.

All the PMs are there, they haven't been converted to conversations yet. It was failing on an SQL error. Should get them back once that's sorted.