Forum upgrade - please report issues

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

On groups, can they be structured to not have primary/secondary at all? IE just have a set of groups and people can be in none, some or all of them, depending on their permissions?

That way you can have a "public member" group who can see the public areas, then an "EVE member" with eve rights etc, and just assign people the groups as needed.

That's kinda what we have. You can have one primary group and as many secondary groups as you like. Thus, you're in Members by default (primary) and are in non, some or all secondary groups, depending on what you need. I think my error in setting up this structure, initially, is that I never wrote it down. It's now years old, potentially out of date and tricky to reinstate if it ever goes belly up.

I have an idea for a matrix, I'll straw man something and then see what you guys think.

#102 Shaikar

Shaikar

Chapter Master

• Admin
  • 7149 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Wowzers, who made that? Or is it auto-generated by Blizzard based on tabard selection? Looks great.

Yeah Blizzard made it. :)

#103 Takumi

Takumi
  • Admin
  • 8843 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yes you only see the logo if you use the theme IP.Board, but in PIE 3.4 it does not show.

Now I remade the pic a bit, so it looks a bit cleaner:

pie_forum_logo2.png

Which reminds me, everyone ought to be using PIE 3.4. Best practice is not to edit the default IP.board theme, so we should use the PIE one I created (which is all but default anyway, but still). Need to fix that.

#104 Ascentior

Ascentior

Admiral, Honorary Fabricator-General

• Members
  • 2445 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

PIE-Blizzard.png

Let me know if the resolution is too high (I still have most of my stuff set up for print) and I can lower it. Should scale OK though.

And, just for fun

http://pie.fhost.com...-Blizz-Wall.png

Edited by Ascentior, 06 December 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#105 Arline Kley

Arline Kley

Commander

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Here at PI we sell Personal Insurance against Horde/Alliance damage to your property at a very competetive* rate!**

*This at 200% the going market rate for anyone other than Paladins.

**If you are a gnome or goblin, we refuse the right to serve you anything.